I’m going to tell you something very important. My own tip for you, which you can use anytime you feel down. =)
Step 1: Let it all out. Everything, all the frustration and emotions you kept inside. In order to feel better, you have to let yourself feel worse for a while. Without being sad or down and letting it all out once in a while, you won’t survive. Seriously, be and think as depressed as you want, as long as it stays by thinking. People who never do this will live a life of numbness or denial or sadness. You think they’re the happiest, because they’re always “happy” and never feel this down. But you’re the one who lives the happiest life, for sure.
Step 2: Talk to someone. Although you feel like no one can understand, just having somebody listening and caring and just telling somebody will help you feel better. Choose someone you trust, someone who will actually listen. And if you’re looking for advice/help too, you should tell someone whom you trust so well that they won’t just tell you what you want to hear and are not afraid to tell you the truth.
Step 3: Do something to release the stress. Work-out, run, sing, shout, eat, sleep, take a hot bath, drink tea with cookies, watch a movie. Whatever you want, whatever works for you.
Step 4: Think about all the wonderful people you have in your live. Think about how loved you are. Think about the persons and reasons you’re living for.
Step 5: Now you’re finally feeling a bit better, you won’t have to see everything so negatively anymore. Then it’s time for this final and most important step. Make a list of all your problems, every single fucking thing that’s on your mind. First you are going to write why it’s bothering you, like why it is so negative. When you’ve done that you can start with writing “but” after everything and now you are going to write the positive aspect, why it isn’t as bad as you first thought it was.
I’ll give you an example. This was for a friend of mine:
- You didn’t get hired, which really sucks, because you want a job. You want to earn money and you’ve really done your best trying to get it. But this means that you can apply for another job! You don’t have to wait anymore with applying for another job, because you don’t know if you’d get hired for this one. That other job where you will get hired will maybe turn out even better than this job! You’ll maybe even earn more money! =D
- Your twin sister did get hired! What the fuck! Why the hell did she get hired and not you?! Why is she better? We’re twins for god’s sake! But this does mean that they don’t see you as one and the same person. And that she got hired doesn’t really mean she’s better. It just means that they thought she was more suitable for the job. Just think about it, what would she be better at? Getting a job? That wouldn’t be fair, because there are tons of other jobs out there where you would get hired and not her. Just try again somewhere else.
- You have no idea what you have to do this summer now! Now you don’t have a job, you’ll just sit at home, doing nothing and being bored out of your mind. While almost all your friends are gone on vacation. But you can spend your free time hunting for other jobs! Go to the beach, go out with a friend, go spot cute guys ;D, get brown, wright, go swimming, plan a family trip, volunteer, go help at summer events, read, babysit, make smoothies. The list is ever going! =D
- You feel like you’re social skills aren’t nearly as good as your intellectual skills, which also makes you feel like you can’t do anything and also aren’t good at anything. Because when it comes to it, your social skills are way more important, right? But why would that matter? People who’s social skills aren’t nearly as good as their intellectual, probably think the exact opposite! =D It both come in handy! And if you’re not that good at the social ones, does that say you can’t get better at it? No. You have a whole life ahead of you, you’ll become better at it soon enough. And you feel like you can’t do anything right, but I think you missed the part where you are really good at school and theoretic stuff! And I’ll be happy to give you a list with a lot of other things you’re good at! =)
- You kinda dread the end of school, because you’ll be separated from your friends. And you’ll be alone. But you won’t be alone, you will make new friends! I promise you, if you go on there with a positive attitude and let people see you want to be friends and you certain that you are a good one, you don’t even have to talk much. You don’t have to go to every person, because when you think that you’ll reflect it. That’s also the main reason why people get bullied, unfortunately. =/ And you can still talk to your friends, call them, message them, you can still meet up and go out!
- Your crush already has a girlfriend! But you’ll get over him, I promise. And if you’re really determined that you won’t, he’s the one and he’ll end up with you eventually, but that is no reason to just sit and obediently wait for him. And let me tell you something, how amazing, flawless and perfect this guy might seem. I can think of at least one flaw; He’s not with you!
Wow, I think that was about it. =) I really hoped this helped you, at least a little.
REBLOG FOR YOUR FOLLOWERS, SOMEONE MIGHT NEED IT.